- Sam Stein: McCain Whacks Cheney: Torture Violated Law
- Report: Are iPhones Really Exploding All Over the World?
- Until Medical Bills Do Us Part
- HowStuffWorks "9 Things Invented or Discovered by Accident"
- Internal Starbucks Memo Outlines Plan for Stealth Stores
- Dude, Chill: No Need For Panic Over Medical Marijuana
- The Dead Kennedys had it right 28 years ago
- Is Apple the Enemy of the TV Industry? Microsoft Thinks So
- Single molecule, one million times smaller than a grain of s
- Microsoft's Bing decides on bribery
- The Five Best Disk Defragmenters
- 45% employers use Facebook-Twitter to screen job candidates
- U.S. Ranks 28th in Internet Speed
- Broadband Carriers Clamor for Stimulus Funds
- Star-birth Myth 'Busted'
- YouTube Now Has Over 120 Million U.S. Viewers
- Revealed: Lockerbie link to oil exploration deal
- Think of it like a movie [PIC]
- The 7 Most Badass Man vs. Beast Showdowns
- SHOCKING: Death threats against Obama up 400%
- Top 10 Signs You Might Not Be A Libertarian
- Man Leaps into River to Escape Wife's Nagging
- Americans save more, spend less. Will it last?
- Tree That Increases Crop Yields By 280%
- Schoolboy Jai Morcom Beaten To Death During Recess
- Stop my daughter having babies
- What Can You Make Out of a 100ft Dead Oak Tree (Images)
- Man Hijacked a School Bus Arrested Wearing Condom [Video]
- Troubling bubbles - Methane seeping from Arctic permafrost
- What it Feels Like to Play 'Big Bird'
- Iranians Say Prison Rape Is Not New
- Can the Laws of Physics Extend Beyond Our Universe?
- Katrina: Gulf Coast Horror [26 pics]
- Scientists design spacecraft to save Earth from asteroids
- '80s Drug Kingpin Now Pushing Hot Dogs
- Jim Breuer Freaks Out During Pizza Hut Commercial
- 51% of Americans Say Alcohol More Dangerous Than Marijuana
- Ten Epic Steampunk Projects We Wish We'd Thought Of First
- A Call for Open Source Genetic Engineering
- Little guy gets stuck with homeless camp in Sacramento
Posted: 30 Aug 2009 05:20 PM PDT
In a strong pushback against claims made by former Vice President Dick Cheney, Sen. John McCain insisted on Sunday that the use of torture on terrorism suspects violated international law, didn't work, and actually helped al Qaeda recruit additional members. "I think the interrogations were in violation of the Geneva Conventions ..."
Posted: 30 Aug 2009 05:10 PM PDT
Posted: 30 Aug 2009 05:00 PM PDT
Posted: 30 Aug 2009 04:50 PM PDT
Posted: 30 Aug 2009 04:20 PM PDT
Reinventing yourself: two thumbs up. Trying to reinvent yourself by aping Third Wave coffee shops in the neighborhood with the country's highest concentration of them: WTF? It's a little like buying the exact same outfit as the most fashionable girl in school, then wearing it on the same day she does.
Posted: 30 Aug 2009 04:10 PM PDT
Posted: 30 Aug 2009 04:00 PM PDT
In God We Trust, Inc. by the Dead Kennedys was 8 tracks long. On the original version on tape, Side A contained all 8 songs, with Side B being left intentionally blank. Printed on Side B was the explanation, "Home taping is killing record industry profits! We left this side blank so you can help" They were ***** the RIAA back in 1981!
Posted: 30 Aug 2009 03:40 PM PDT
Posted: 30 Aug 2009 03:30 PM PDT
Posted: 30 Aug 2009 03:20 PM PDT
Posted: 30 Aug 2009 03:10 PM PDT
Posted: 30 Aug 2009 02:40 PM PDT
As social networking grows increasingly pervasive, more employers are utilizing these sites to screen potential employees. Forty-five percent of employers reported in a recent CareerBuilder survey that they use social networking sites to research job candidates, a big jump from 22 percent last year.
Posted: 30 Aug 2009 02:30 PM PDT
Posted: 30 Aug 2009 02:20 PM PDT
Posted: 30 Aug 2009 02:10 PM PDT
Astronomers have debunked one of astronomy's long held beliefs about how stars are formed, using a set of galaxies found with CSIRO's Parkes radio telescope. When a cloud of interstellar gas collapses to form stars, the stars range from massive to minute. Since the 1950s astronomers have thought that in a family of new-born stars the ratio.....
Posted: 30 Aug 2009 02:00 PM PDT
Posted: 30 Aug 2009 01:50 PM PDT
Government decided it was "in the overwhelming interests of the United Kingdom" to make the Lockerbie bomber, eligible for return to Libya, leaked ministerial letters reveal...after discussions between Libya and BP over a multi-million-pound oil exploration deal had hit difficulties. hese were resolved soon afterwards.
Posted: 30 Aug 2009 01:40 PM PDT
Posted: 30 Aug 2009 01:30 PM PDT
Posted: 30 Aug 2009 01:10 PM PDT
A CNN source with very close to the U.S. Secret Service confirmed to me today that threats on the life of the president of the United States have now risen by as much as 400 percent since his inauguration, 400 percent death threats against Barack Obama -- quote -- "in this environment" go far beyond anything the Secret Service has seen with any oth
Posted: 30 Aug 2009 12:50 PM PDT
Notice a propensity of newly minted Libertarians showing up lately? Perhaps it's just coincidence their ranks swelled in inverse proportion to George Bush's approval rating, ditto that so many are mouthing traditional conservative talking points. But what about the everyday gun toting townhall screamers and taxcutters and deficit hawks we see on...
Posted: 30 Aug 2009 12:30 PM PDT
The Chinese truck driver, known as Zhou, and his wife were on a ferry on the Yangtze River when it all became too much for him, the Chongqing Evening Post reports. Members of the ship's crew saw the man suddenly run out of his cabin with his hands covering his ears, and shouting: "I can't stand it any longer."
Posted: 30 Aug 2009 12:20 PM PDT
Posted: 30 Aug 2009 12:00 PM PDT
Posted: 30 Aug 2009 11:50 AM PDT
Posted: 30 Aug 2009 11:40 AM PDT
Posted: 30 Aug 2009 11:30 AM PDT
After a 159-year-old oak tree died its owners wanted to give it more of a send off than merely chop it up for fire wood. They decided to transform it into as many items as possible. Dozens of craftsmen and artists were invited to strip the 100ft tall tree of timber and spend the next 12 months handmaking an array of furniture and crafts.
Posted: 30 Aug 2009 11:20 AM PDT
Posted: 30 Aug 2009 10:50 AM PDT
Pure methane, gas bubbling up from underwater vents, escaping into northern skies, adds to the global-warming gases accumulating in the atmosphere. And pure methane escaping in the massive amounts known to be locked in the Arctic permafrost and seabed would spell a climate catastrophe. Is such an unlocking under way?
Posted: 30 Aug 2009 10:20 AM PDT
Posted: 30 Aug 2009 10:00 AM PDT
Posted: 30 Aug 2009 09:50 AM PDT
Chris Knight, the finest fictional physicist of our time, once said "All science. No Philosophy. Wrong." It's true that an understanding of existence outside of equations is vital for scientists, both in terms of enjoying life and avoiding things like Agent Orange, but beware careless combination of the two.
Posted: 30 Aug 2009 09:10 AM PDT
Hurricane Katrina, a huge category 4 storm, made landfall in the continental U.S. on August 29, 2005, on the Gulf Coast with sustained winds of 125 miles per hour. Louisiana and Mississippi took the brunt of the impact. The monster would prove to be among the deadliest natural disasters in United States history with more than 1,800 confirmed dead.
Posted: 30 Aug 2009 09:00 AM PDT
A spacecraft capable of saving the world from a catastrophic asteroid collision has been designed. Heroic missions to stop life on Earth from being wiped out by an asteroid have become a favourite theme for Hollywood disaster films. The "gravity tractor" would be deployed when an orbiting rock is detected on a collision course with earth.
Posted: 30 Aug 2009 09:00 AM PDT
Posted: 30 Aug 2009 08:50 AM PDT
Posted: 30 Aug 2009 06:20 AM PDT
Posted: 30 Aug 2009 05:40 AM PDT
Posted: 30 Aug 2009 05:00 AM PDT
Posted: 30 Aug 2009 03:00 AM PDT
A retired auto mechanic who lives on a fixed income with his wife, Pedro Hernandez is collateral damage in a struggle between homeless advocates and the city of Sacramento. He can do nothing about it, so homeless people have set up 35 tents and are camping out right behind the Victorian where Hernandez has lived for 38 years.
|You are subscribed to email updates from digg.com: Stories / Popular |
To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now.
|Email delivery powered by Google|
|Google Inc., 20 West Kinzie, Chicago IL USA 60610|